Friday, July 31, 2009

Big Taste, Bite-Sized


As individuals are becoming more health conscious, a bite-sized trend is emerging. Many restaurants are beginning to serve 'tapas' style food. This is a traditional Spanish way of serving food in small portions, but I have a different take on Bite-sized foods.

To give my family and friends a guilt-free way to exercise their taste buds during a meal, I began taking everyone's favorite foods and shrinking them. From mini chicken fried steaks, topped with a dollop of mashed potatoes and gravy, to smoked salmon phyllo cups, I have miniaturized many of our all time favorites. This helps to control portion and calories, not to mention miniatures always look so cute!

I really hope this trend can become a staple in our diets. I love the freedom of trying an assortment of my favorite dishes without all the guilt.

No comments:

Post a Comment