Monday, July 6, 2009

Hole in the Wall Greatness

This year for my birthday I decided to give myself a break from the kitchen. Instead of working my own birthday I decided to invite about a dozen of my close friends to meet my husband and I at our favorite hole-in-the-wall Mexican Restaurant, Avila's. I designed some invitations and sent them out with precise directions, since Avila's is tucked away in a little old house on Maple Ave in Dallas, TX. Many guests admitted that they had passed by dozens of times without taking a second look.

Avila's has been around for nearly 30 years, but has only recently enjoyed popularity with the advent of internet search engines and easily accessible restaurant reviews. One bite of one of their famous Brisket Tacos and you will understand why the popularity of this place is spreading like wild fire. With a combination of Tex-Mex and more traditional Mexican menu items, this place is bound to satisfy any tastes. All items fresh and delicious, the salsa is fiery and the queso is creamy. The margaritas are pretty darn good too. If you are craving homemade quality mexican food, check out Avila's... you will not be disappointed.

We enjoyed a wonderful evening full of great friends, great drinks and great food. For dessert, my friend and pastry chef, Vince, whipped up a beautiful chocolate cake decorated in my favorite colors: pink and green!

No comments:

Post a Comment